Wing Studios (wingstudios.net), Northwest Arkansas’ top of the line private instruction music studio, is looking for well-qualified vocalists, piano and guitar teachers to join our team as the studio continues to expand and grow.
Who we are:Wing Studios is a private instruction music studio located in Rogers, AR that specializes in piano, guitar and vocal performance and musicianship. We are serving a rapidly growing community with incredible students coming from all ages and backgrounds. Our instructors have the ability to teach a wide variety of musical styles and genres including classical, jazz, blues, rock, top 40/pop, musical theatre, and more. We provide a safe and exciting environment for our students and instill a strong foundation and continuing desire to learn through one-on-one lessons, group classes, and performance showcases. We have a love for music and playing a part in helping students achieve their musical aspirations.
What we are looking for:We are seeking passionate, experienced musicians who are knowledgeable, open-minded, and energetic-with the versatility to teach a diverse repertoire and proper technique in a variety of musical styles.
- Teach in a one-on-one setting, teaching proper technique and exercises
- Work with children, teenagers, and adults and help them reach their musical goals and set new ones with them
- Keep lessons diverse and fun for our students with different music stylings and exercises
- Build trust and confidence in students
- Assist in a variety of studio events
- Willing to go the extra mile to work in a team environment and making music especially fun for our amazing students
Our Ideal Candidate is:
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Dedicated to their primary instrument and continuing to hone musical ability and technique
- Has a flexible schedule
- Able to keep a consistent schedule
- Able to keep a presentable and friendly work place for students and colleagues
- Reliable and on time
- Can accompany student during lessons
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
- Can teach proper microphone technique
Experience & Talent Requirements:
- Experience teaching one-on-one lessons
- Basic understanding of physics of sound in terms of their primary instrument and technique
- Ability to quickly assess and create constructive solutions to performance and technique issues
- Improvisation ability
- Intermediate piano skills-comfortably and confidently play scales/exercises and accompaniment on piano
- Ability to perform consistently and comfortably in front of an audience
- Strong music theory background
Desired Experience (a plus):
- Songwriting ability and experience
- Current/recent performance experience
- Comfortable teaching group lessons and/or workshops
- Recording experience
Job Type: Part-time, Independent Contractor
Compensation: $20/hour-long lesson
Education:Bachelors in Music or Music Performance (Preferred). Experience may be substituted for degree.
Studio Hours:Monday-Saturday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
To apply, please send a …
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) References (with phone and email information)
An audition will be conducted to demonstrate performance and teaching abilities.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS. DROP-IN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.